School ethos & values
To prepare children for life in a rapidly changing world and to support them in their journey to becoming happy, fulfilled and responsible members of their community, whilst striving to become an outstanding school.
- Every child will feel good about their unique characteristics and be confident in their ability to succeed in their learning
- Children will develop a love of learning that lasts a lifetime
- Children will learn to respect and care for the natural world and to take pleasure and enjoyment from it
- Children will grow in confidence and independence and in their ability to work as part of a team
- Children and adults will build trusting and positive relationships with one another, based on openness and mutual respect
- All members of the school community will have the highest expectations of themselves and of each other.
- Our school is a happy, safe and stimulating place.
- Our school is a place where every child is valued for themselves and where they are taught to value and care for each other.
- Our school is a place where children will be helped to develop confidence, independence and a real belief in their own talents and abilities, whatever they may be.
- Our school is a place where children will be helped to grow and develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.
- Our school is a place where children will be encouraged to develop a love for learning and a readiness to celebrate their own and others’ achievements.
- Our school is a place where children are offered a broad, purposeful and creative curriculum, with opportunities to learn through first hand experience both indoors and outdoors.
- Our school is a place which strives for excellence in everything we do.
- Our school is a place which welcomes parents, families and adults in the wider community and which is committed to forging positive relationships with them.
- Our school is a place where everyone values learning for life.
The Department for Education states that “schools should promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.” At Liss Infant School, our core values reinforce these principles.